HOBBIT EE in theaters!!!!!

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
sauronsfinger

HOBBIT EE in theaters!!!!!

Post by sauronsfinger »

Just saw this

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2015/08 ... s-october/

So not only will THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES be shown in theaters - but the other two HOBBIT Extended Editions as well.

What a great development!!!
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: HOBBIT EE in theaters!!!!!

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

It's probably unlikely that I will be able to make any of this, but I still am happy to hear that they are doing it.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Re: HOBBIT EE in theaters!!!!!

Post by narya »

Fandango lists several theaters in the Bay Area.

But I am going to assume that an extended edition of Battle of Five Armies is just 30 minutes more of battle scenes. :(

Maybe I'll just wait for the DVD.
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus