Biggest concern about TH: BOTFA

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Good point Dave. I'm actually not assuming anything at this point. Wouldn't be prudent!

SV,

The clip is from one of the first vlogs showing on-location filming (from before AUJ was released, IIRC).

It shows Gandalf riding a large brown horse across a barren, brown landscape. Without trees, grass, bushes, anything alive.

It's hard to imagine where in/ around the high fells it would have been, but it's possible. It's also possible that bunny sleds, eagles or any other CGI animal that could carry Gandalf's weight, have replaced the horse.

Gandalf on a giant sloth, for example.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Or a banana slug! I would pay good money to see that!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Slugs would be too slow though.
I suggest a Cheetah. Or an ostrich.
Voronwë the Faithful

Ah, but Jackson is the king of slow motion! Although actually I can't think of any from the Hobbit films. Thank Eru.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

You don't pay the big bucks for 48fps and then do everything in slo-mo! :D
Passdagas the Brown

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Ah, but Jackson is the king of slow motion! Although actually I can't think of any from the Hobbit films. Thank Eru.
Slo-mo Thorin charges Azog in "Into the Fire." :)
Voronwë the Faithful

Ah yes. Not one of the highlights of the films, for me, at least. Any at all that you think of in DoS? I expect slo mo death scenes in TBotFA, though I hope not.
Passdagas the Brown

Hmmm. Tauriel during the healing scene goes slo-mo for a bit. And the dwarves speak in a bit of slo-mo in Mirkwood...
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

DoS was uber-fast in contrast to his other slo mo. Not a very good thing imo.

Oh, the healing was definitely slo mo. And also felt like the longest slo mo. ;)