The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Passdagas the Brown

Re: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Er, I love Stott's performance, make up and all!
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Another short new clip:

"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Passdagas the Brown

Not bad! A little hammy, but nice.
Voronwë the Faithful

But who is that character in the picture above? If you believed some people's comments, he doesn't even exist in these films. ;)
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Passdagas the Brown

Calm down now, V-man. There's still about 2 hours and 27 minutes of film for him to be drowned in. :)
Voronwë the Faithful

Short clip of Bard:

There's another clip of Dol Guldur but I actually have managed to follow Dcole's advice and not watch it, and I'm not going to link to it here.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Peter Jackson Says THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Extended Cut Will Include Around 30 Minutes of Additional Footage

http://collider.com/the-hobbit-3-extended-cut-details/
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies doesn’t even come out for another two weeks, but Peter Jackson is already making plans for his extended edition of the film. Steve is currently at The Hobbit press conference in London where Jackson just revealed that there will be an extended cut of the film on the Blu-ray with around 30 minutes of additional footage. The extended edition of An Unexpected Journey clocks in at 183 minutes long (13 minutes of additional footage) and the extended cut of The Desolation of Smaug is 186 minutes long (25 minutes of additional footage) so when the time comes to marathon the entire The Hobbit trilogy, we’ll be spending about 543 minutes in Middle Earth, which is actually significantly less than the Lord of the Rings extended trilogy’s 680-minute grand total.

Jackson may already know about how many minutes he’s adding to the theatrical cut of the film for the extended addition, but he does still need the time to actually put the thing together. Jackson noted that this should take him around four or five months to get done after he returns home. Assuming that happens at the end of the month, he should have The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies extended cut complete in the middle of 2015
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:There's another clip of Dol Guldur but I actually have managed to follow Dcole's advice and not watch it, and I'm not going to link to it here.
In the spirit of lowering expectations...
Hidden text.
It includes the line "you should have stayed dead!"
Hidden text.
But Weaving pulls it off.
Voronwë the Faithful

I notice you didn't link to it here either. ;)
Voronwë the Faithful

B-roll:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbmDYQuJokI&app=desktop[/media]

Hmmm, don't know why that doesn't work.

Here's another short clip of Gandalf (aka Mithrandir) and Thranduil.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/elves-vs-d ... 60092.html
Voronwë the Faithful

Here's the Dol Guldur clip after all:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/12/02/th ... alone-clip

Dave, I'm not sure I agree with you. ;)
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

(you needed to remove everything after and including the '&')
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

Thanks.

Did you watch the Dol Guldur clip?
Voronwë the Faithful

If you have 46 minutes to kill, a group cast interview:

Passdagas the Brown

I'm pleased with all the clips thus far...
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Just heard from someone I know that there ARE character drawings at the end. Somebody was wondering about that in some thread!

:)
“Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Although he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself. It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both.” E. B. White, who must have had vison in mind. There's a reason why we kept putting the extra i in her name in our minds!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

I hope they're the same style as the drawings at the end of RotK. I thought they made a lovely last look at the characters.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Did you watch the Dol Guldur clip?

Yeah...loved Christopher Lee's line. Need to see the clip in the context of the whole sequence to make a proper judgment.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Some new images in this Collider article
Last edited by Elentári on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful

The images just appear as little boxes with x's that say "image". At least for me.