Enya Returns?

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Enya Returns?

Post by Smaug's voice »

Doug Adams hasn't confirmed it yet but it seems like it is true!

moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03/20/the-hobbit-there-and-back-again-enya-returns-1283328?lt_source=external%2Cmanual%2Cmanual

I am glad. At last.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Doug tweeted the link, with the message "Only you can decide if this is true or not #imnottelling". It seems to me that he probably wouldn't have done so it wasn't true, but who knows for sure.

I didn't much like May it Be (Gollum's Song is much much better) so I don't care that much, but I know some people loved it.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Cool...I love Enya! "Aniron" was just perfect for that scene... :love:
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

I quite liked the symmetry of Female voices for LotR and Male for The Hobbit, so I'm vaguely disappointed. Feels like "going back to the well".
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

It seems we're always at odds V. :)

I loved May it be and thought it was a perfectly fitting song. Aniron is gorgeous. I like Gollum's song too (not as a song but in the context) though.
In the present time, not only is Enya my favorite singer but she also has a distinctively Elvish voice (Lúthien!), so I am more than happy to see her back.
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Alatar wrote:I
quite liked the symmetry of Female voices for LotR and Male for The
Hobbit, so I'm vaguely disappointed. Feels like "going back to the
well".
As PtB once asked (regarding Legolas' change of heart) the necessity to intentionally make up things only to connect the two trilogies, I hold the same for this.
As long as the songs are good I would not care for continuity. And frankly, I was a bit let down by Neil Flynn and much disappointed in Sheeran.
Sunsilver

Post by Sunsilver »

May it Be stopped me dead in my tracks as I was leaving the theatre (my companion was not someone who liked to be bothered watching the credits roll!) I have always loved it.
When the night has been too lonely, and the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows,
Lies the seed, that with the sun's love, in the spring becomes The Rose.
Voronwë the Faithful

Smaug's voice wrote:
Alatar wrote:I
quite liked the symmetry of Female voices for LotR and Male for The
Hobbit, so I'm vaguely disappointed. Feels like "going back to the
well".
As PtB once asked (regarding Legolas' change of heart) the necessity to intentionally make up things only to connect the two trilogies, I hold the same for this.
As long as the songs are good I would not care for continuity. And frankly, I was a bit let down by Neil Flynn and much disappointed in Sheeran.
I agree with all of this (see, we are not ALWAYS at odds).
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

My earlier comment was rather tongue-in-cheek. :)
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

I was hoping for Meat Loaf.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Meh. I don't mind May It Be, but for me Enya marks a return to the sappier, more melodramatic style of LOTR. I think it was Ricky Gervais who called the LOTR films a really long, drawn out Enya song, and I have to agree with him.
Smaug's voice
Nibonto Aagun

Post by Smaug's voice »

Well PtB and V, you can let out a sigh of relief as it seems that moviepilot has removed the article and a contact reports that Enya's involvement has been denied on her forum.
Not a confirmed news. But I guess we are back to speculations now.
Voronwë the Faithful

Doesn't mean it won't happen. They may just have jumped the gun.