I own a piece of the LOTR films!!!!!

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Jude
Lán de Grás

Post by Jude »

sauronsfinger wrote: I will submit pics when I get it. And its not even a pair - just a single sandal. Of course I will come up with an appropriate story as to what happened to the other one. ;)
Maybe they used to belong to Morgoth! :shock:

Perhaps someone recovered one of them after that unfortunate "foot-hacking-off" incident.
Elentári

Re: I own a piece of the LOTR films!!!!!

Post by Elentári »

sauronsfinger wrote:
Elentári wrote:
sauronsfinger wrote:

I am leaving my job as of the first of the year and going into my second retirement so have a bit of phase out cash to pay with that made this and the basement refinishing all possible.
Excellent news! you certainly deserve a long and happy retirement...

You must let us know when the museum is open to the paying public!

I don't suppose Mrs SF has thought of operating a B&B to cater for all the visitors? ;)
Perhaps a middle earth theme? Sleeping accommodations like those right above Goblin Town?
:D Well, it would beat taking an elevator to the basement!

Ah, the thought of all that fresh, home-grown Hobbity-goodness - I can smell the bacon from here...double mushrooms for me, please! :drool:
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Jude wrote:
sauronsfinger wrote: I will submit pics when I get it. And its not even a pair - just a single sandal. Of course I will come up with an appropriate story as to what happened to the other one. ;)
Maybe they used to belong to Morgoth! :shock:

Perhaps someone recovered one of them after that unfortunate "foot-hacking-off" incident.
Excellent suggestion. The best I could come up with was the sandal was worn by an orc who wanted to put his best foot forward. :D
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Elentári wrote:
sauronsfinger wrote:
Elentári wrote: Excellent news! you certainly deserve a long and happy retirement...

You must let us know when the museum is open to the paying public!

I don't suppose Mrs SF has thought of operating a B&B to cater for all the visitors? ;)
Perhaps a middle earth theme? Sleeping accommodations like those right above Goblin Town?

Ah, the thought of all that fresh, home-grown Hobbity-goodness - I can smell the bacon from here...double mushrooms for me, please! :drool:
Only double? ;)
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Passdagas the Brown

Post by Passdagas the Brown »

Congrats!
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

sauronsfinger wrote:
Elentári wrote:
sauronsfinger wrote: Perhaps a middle earth theme? Sleeping accommodations like those right above Goblin Town?

Only double? ;)
I'm saving room for second breakfast! :D
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes