Bootleg copy

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
sauronsfinger

Bootleg copy

Post by sauronsfinger »

A moral question regarding the HOBBIT film.

Yesterday I went with my grandson to see the film again - time number four for me and three for him. At the end of the aisle was a middle age couple
who started filming the screen at the start of the film. It was blatant and obvious.

What if anything would you have done about it?

Somebody here alerted an usher who walked down the aisle a couple of times and the filming stopped and did not continue.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
eborr

Post by eborr »

I am fairly impervious as regards people copying downloaded music as in so many cases the artists themselves don't get the payment, and paying 70p (1USD) for a track, where the only folk who are getting rewarded are those who host the site, and the big corporate interests who have assumed the "rights" for the song is poor value.

On the other hand copying a film in the theatre is a clear contravention of everyones rights, including the audience, who have made an investment and our supporting film making.
Since 1410 most Welsh people most of the time have abandoned any idea of independence as unthinkable. But since 1410 most Welsh people, at some time or another, if only in some secret corner of the mind, have been "out with Owain and his barefoot scrubs." For the Welsh mind is still haunted by it's lightning-flash vision of a people that was free.

Gwyn A. Williams,
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

I would have looked for an usher...I wouldn't have confronted the couple myself, though.

And how about the DVD Academy Award screener that was leaked at the beginning of January? Hundreds of thousands of people must have downloaded it by now... will that hit profits much? A lot of people that I've seen admitting they had downloaded it say they'll still be buying the DVD in a couple of months...
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes