New Hobbit Clips from the TV Show Circuit - MAJOR SPOILERS

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Richard Armitage on "Big Fun Movies" YTV, December 3, 2012

http://youtu.be/XYDpQGyW4E0

Includes a new clip of Thorin and Balin talking in Bag End as well as the warg attack clip already seen...
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

It's nice to see those lines more in context.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Hey; my first acting job was a stage production of The Hobbit at age 13 too! Course, Armitage has done a bit more since then.
Stranger Wings

Post by Stranger Wings »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:It's nice to see those lines more in context.
Another scene I like. That must be the sort of thing most reviewers are complaining about. Too much talking and discussing. More crumbling staircases please!

Alatar's review has convinced me that I will like this film far more than FOTR, TTT and ROTK.
Voronwë the Faithful

Noooooo! Quick, watch the Goblintown clip again!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Stranger Wings

Post by Stranger Wings »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Noooooo! Quick, watch the Goblintown clip again!
I did. The problem is, it's growing on me. :)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Then . . . then I'm afraid there may be nothing more we can do. :nono:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful

Watch the second trailer (actually the only trailer, since the first one was a "teaser"). I noticed when I saw it in the theatre that it was pretty darned embarrassingly bad.
Stranger Wings

Post by Stranger Wings »

Voronwë the Faithful wrote:Watch the second trailer (actually the only trailer, since the first one was a "teaser"). I noticed when I saw it in the theatre that it was pretty darned embarrassingly bad.
Yup, that worked. An awful trailer. This movie's gonna suck!
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

:rofl: you guys!

Nice but lightweight interview with PJ on the BBC - don't know if you'll be able to view it, but here's the link~:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20675518

Clips shown are the Bag End clips and some of the Riddle sequence from the trailers. Also the clip from the 13-minute special where Bilbo dumps the Dwarves' weapons and goes to open the front door to the rest of the Dwarves.

PJ talks mainly about the differences in Gollum from LotR - is persuaded to try and imitate Gollum's voice! - and the differences in tone between Hobbit & LotR, as well as old stuff about how PJ got into movie-making.

ETA: here's a link to the write-up, for those who can't view the video clip...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20676605
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Not sure if this is the same material as the 13-minute special posted before the film was released (that video was taken down) but this is 27 minutes worth of cast interviews and behind-the-scenes footage:

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Y25c7mp2VVM
~Diana Cortes