Your one main concern? The possible dealbreaker?

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Frelga wrote:PJ's dwarves are more true to Tolkien than Tolkien's dwarves? :shock:
That's not remotely what I said.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

While it isn't quite what you said, I would not call that interpretation of your words remote from what you said. :P
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

PJ's dwarves as currently presented in the promotional material for the Hobbit films, are, in terms of attitude and general level of toughness, more in line with Tolkien's overall description of Dwarves than Thorin's company is as a whole in the book of the Hobbit.

Is that more or less it, V-man? If so I tend to agree. The first half of the Hobbit in particular makes dwarves and elves both look sillier.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

That is certainly a lot closer than Frelga's "gotcha" misrepresentation.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Oh, I don't think Frelga was deliberately trying to misrepresent what you said. :neutral:

And, anyway, ax is right. Dwarves and Elves both come across as pretty silly in The Hobbit. It's probably why I don't like it nearly as well as I like LotR.