Old YouTube clips I've just discovered

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Old YouTube clips I've just discovered

Post by Impenitent »

If these are old hat, then Marshalls, feel free to delete the thread. I've just discovered them though, and enjoyed seeing them.

Viggo goes fishing
http://youtu.be/218su1JOC-Q

Filming fake snow
http://youtu.be/lOdVFAMSag4

Pippin's palantír scene
http://youtu.be/OFSlm_cwhEg
Last edited by Impenitent on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

These are from the Extended Editions Behind the Scenes Features Impy. Have you not watched them?

(Oh, and you have duplicated the first link)
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

I've watched the movies, but haven't gone through all the extra material. Came back to bite me. :)

Thanks for catching the duplication - though it seems this thread could be deleted without harming the cosmos.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Or it could be used to accumulate other interesting clips. We don't all have the EEs, and some of those who do might not have watched the extras. And there are YouTube items that are interesting but not on the EEs. . . .
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Don't know if you remember The Tolkien Virgin forum back on TORC, where a friend of...Ted? can't remember...read the books for the first time and documented it?

Well, there's a blog site on which the blogger just did the same thing, and then watched the three extended edition movies, documenting his experience.

Some of his blog-readers (a LOT of his blog-readers) have added their own commentary, and I just read one comment that:

"They couldn't recruit enough 6-foot-tall men to play Uruk'hai, so some shorter men were cast as well. They were affectionately nicknamed the Uruk'Low."

Tickled me.
:D