Hobbit cast!

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

<sigh> I was working on a nice, long post with links to each actor's IMDB page, and I was going to put in images as well. Then one of the sites started acting funky, so I had to close everything in a hurry. :( I lost it all. I'll try again later when I have time.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Thanks for trying, Lali!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

If anyone can find pictures of John Callen and Mark Hadlow let me know.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

TORn has a picture of Hadlow here Lali!
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Thanks, Elen! I've added him. I came across that picture in my search but wasn't 100% sure it was the right guy. One more to go!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

This is great! Thanks, Lali (and thanks, Elen, for finding one of the missing guys!).
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

No sweat - glad to help!

However, finding Callen is seemingly an impossible task at the moment, though no doubt his mug shot is in great demand right now and I'm sure it will be available soon...

He is apparently more active as a stage director and voice artist.
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Oooh....Armitage is hot!
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Line forms to the left, Mahima.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Excuse me, I put his picture up. Surely that counts for something? Right? :rage:
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

**gets in line

Too bad they're going to be gluing stuff all over that lovely face.
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

River wrote:Too bad they're going to be gluing stuff all over that lovely face.
Yeah...having cast these hot young actors in those roles, it's hard to imagine how they are going to keep the sex-appeal without radically altering Tolkien's vision of dwarves...
~Diana Cortes
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

Mahima wrote:Oooh....Armitage is hot!
Agreed. But I have been drooling over him since Robin Hood.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Padme wrote:
Mahima wrote:Oooh....Armitage is hot!
Agreed. But I have been drooling over him since Robin Hood.
Same here. I'll get in line, but find it hard to imagine drooling over a dwarf of Middle-earth.
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Voronwë the Faithful

I'm really curious to see how they handle that. :scratch:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

What, the hordes of drooling women? :D
Voronwë the Faithful

How to keep the hordes of drooling woman from protesting the fact that the yummy men are covered in makeup and such.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Its the beard which has me wincing.... I mean look at that jawline (drool).

Am first in line, though, thank you very much. I commented first.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

:burned:
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Elves will mock Thorin by shaving off that horid beard of his, thus revealing the manly jawline.

I had staked my place in the Armitage line last week. :D The only way they can make me happier is if they cast Fehr, which is improbable, since he is neither a Kiwi nor a Scott.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!