The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

The Deep Breath Before the Plunge

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Nothing to see here.

not yet
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

:pullhair:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful

The board is set ... the pieces are moving ... :drummer:
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

:bang:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Voronwë the Faithful

"Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."

:llama:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

:playful:
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

:burned:
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:"Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."
Since when is 10am first light? It's probably the earliest these sorts of people see light most days, though. :D
Voronwë the Faithful

" A new power is rising. Its victory is at hand!"

:abducted:
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Is something about to be announced? Is there a rumor of such an announcement? Is it more substantial than the previous rumors?
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

:rage:
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Hello? Hello? Is there newses? Hello? Because some of us just had a Looooooooong day at work and we could really use some newses.

only good ones, natch.

so: ?????
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

Oh my goodness, I just figured it out:

V's going to be directing!!!!!!

:D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

I thought he was holding out for the seventeen-part adaptation of Unfinished Tales?

Back from Googling and Google Newsing and poking around on TORN. Nada.

I'm off to bed. I'm sure if I hit myself over the head enough times, I'll sleep.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

:rofl:
Take my hand, my friend. We are here to walk one another home.

Avatar from Fractal_OpenArtGroup
Voronwë the Faithful

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

:kitty:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Gonna stand in the corner and grump. :x
Voronwë the Faithful

"This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves."

:wooper:
Lhaewin

Post by Lhaewin »

:rofl:
How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it.