Hobbit likely pushed back to 2012?

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Is that before or after the Mayan army marches past by night and the refugees from Atlantis twack them down?

It's so hard to keep all these plot lines straight. :scratch:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Do what I do. Don't try. 8)
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

WampusCat wrote:Is that before or after the Mayan army marches past by night and the refugees from Atlantis twack them down?

It's so hard to keep all these plot lines straight. :scratch:

What plot line? Part two has no plot line, it needs no plot line.

We don't need no stinking plot lines.

Oh and I am up for moot too. Toronto anyone?

and Alantians don't twack they gleet.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
yovargas
I miss Prim ...

Post by yovargas »

Rumor has it that Part 2 will largely be David-Lynchian-style surrealist dream piece. Complete with lesbians and midgets. (Which aren't dwarves, btw.)
I wanna love somebody but I don't know how
I wanna throw my body in the river and drown
-The Decemberists

Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Jackson says as far as he knows, the films are still scheduled to be release in 2011 and 2012:

Exclusive: Peter Jackson Talks LORD OF THE RINGS Blu-ray and Says THE HOBBIT is Still 2011
Do you know the two years you guys are aiming for with The Hobbit to come out.

Jackson: Nothing has changed as far as I am concerned. Somebody wrote something on the internet and a lot of nonsense happened. You don’t want to believe everything you read on the internet. We were due to deliver the scripts and be shooting sometime around April and now I think I said in an interview we were shooting in June. And somehow people are now saying the film is delayed. As far as I am aware, they are not delayed at all. I am not even sure when we are going to start shooting…we are delivering the scripts just after Christmas they’ll be finished and we’ll be shooting as soon as we possibly can. But you need a certain amount of time to finish the pre-production.

So you believe in December 2011 the first part is going to be in theaters.

Jackson: At this stage, that is certainly the plan. Yeah.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Image Cheers, V!
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

:) What a great smily. I think I'll have to upload that one to our list here when I get a chance
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

PJ's sure looking good these days. Wow. Still unkempt, of course, but otherwise, quite a transformation.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Peter Jackson wrote:You don’t want to believe everything you read on the internet.
Word.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

But Paraguayan Venomous Ducks are real. It says so right here.

:whistle:
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

:rofl: :rofl:

If PJ hadn't kept the unkempt look I probably would not have recognized him. Wow!
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

Well, at least we have some strong statistics now to let us know how it all might end:

http://survive2012.com/index.php/2012possibilities.html

Prim will be pleased to see that her idea is ranked #16. :D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

An event that changes humanity permanently, in science fiction lingua franca, is called the Singularity. And I've been accused of writing the first Singularity romance.

<waggles fingers> Bring it on.

Um, er, otherwise, should I move this to my Geek thread, Lali? Not to presume anything.
Dave_LF
Wrong within normal parameters

Post by Dave_LF »

<whoah; how'd I end up in this thread?>
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Watches in shock, SHOCK I tell you, as Prim waggles. :shock:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:D

Move it if you like, or I'll just re-post the link--whichever you prefer. I posted it here first because we had been talking about it here. (But it's a bit OT!)
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

If you'd like to re-post the link, that might be simplest. Thanks! Got to feed the geeks.