FotR Live at Radio City Music Hall NY

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Cool! Thanks for the heads up, Al... :thumbsup:

Looking forward to TTT Live on April 24th :)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Bad news on that Elen, I'm afraid. I was just about to book flights today when it occurred to me that the date was ringing Alarm bells. Its my son's first Communion day, so I won't be able to make it. If anyone's interested in using my tickets, please pass on my info to them! I have two seats for the Saturday night. First refusal goes to my friend who came with me last time, but if he's not using them, I'd prefer they go to a fan!
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Oh Al - that's a shame...I hope you find someone who will be eager to go in your place.

Best wishes to your son, though, on that important occasion - our youngest boy is being confirmed a couple of weeks later, on May 8th! :) Image Image Image
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Guys, those tickets are available if anyone wants them? Just PM me if interested.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Wasn't sure it was worth starting a new thread for this, but for those of you living on the West Coast, you have a treat coming your way:

LOTR Live in Concert West Coast Premiere Arena Tour Announced!

A nine-city West Coast tour of the highly anticipated The Lord of the Rings In Concert: The Fellowship of the Ring will begin on October 12 at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Arizona. Featuring Howard Shore’s complete Academy Award® and Grammy®–winning score performed live on-stage by more than 250 musicians, the Glendale presentation of Fellowship will be followed by engagements in San Diego, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Portland, Seattle, Fresno, Oakland and Sacramento. Celebrated Maestro Ludwig Wicki, the preeminent conductor of Howard Shore’s Ring music, will conduct all performances. Joining Maestro Wicki is soprano Kaitlyn Lusk, who has toured the world as a soloist in The Lord of the Rings Symphony.

Peter Jackson’s complete award-winning epic will be projected digitally on an immense 60-foot screen using an uncompressed high definition source with two 20k lumen projectors while the combined forces of the Munich Symphony Orchestra, Pacific Chorale, and Phoenix Boys Choir bring the music of Middle-earth to life.

Tickets go on sale on Thursday, June 9 for all cities.
Those of us who have already seen the show in London, New York and Michgan can all attest to it being a great night out! :)
~Diana Cortes
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

Sounds good! Here's the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lord-of-t ... 1350740159

There's also the one-nite showing of FOTR coming up, June 14 at a theatre near you. Anyone interested in mooting in the San Francisco Bay Area?
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

And (according to a local theater here) followed by TTT on June 21, and RotK on June 28.

And, they are all the extended editions, which I've never seen in a theater. Thinking hard about this!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

June 21st in New York, TTT extended edition as well. Man, I wanna go. I haven't even seen them (my PhD took over my life :P)

Edit: OOOOOOOOOO! Its all three of them. Three tuesdays starting Jun 14th.
:banana:

Man, weekday. Man, I wanna go.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Okay, I'm going to go. Even if R can't make it and I have to go alone. That's it.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude