The Two Towers re-redux

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Cerin

Post by Cerin »

Eru wrote:Whenever Frodo was with Faramir, was the Ring openly talked about...I mean in front of the other men?
Heavens, no! (IIRC)

I think they had to introduce the trance-like state for the 'going to meet the Nazgûl' scene to be understandable.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Eruname wrote:TTT was on TBS tonight and as there wasn't anything better on TV after Desperate Housewives :P, I left it on...
I didn't watch the TBS broadcast, but I have seen some of their commercials. This one was hiliarious!

It sucks to be Frodo

:rotfl:
Erunáme

Post by Erunáme »

Thanks Cerin. I guess my feelings were correct then.

Tom, I've seen those...can't say I liked them though. Especially the one about gay hobbits. :roll:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Eruname wrote:Especially the one about gay hobbits. :roll:
I haven't seen that one. I agree, that wouldn't be too funny. :(
JewelSong
Just Keep Singin'

Post by JewelSong »

I thought ALL the TBS commercials were a riot - including the one about Frodo and Sam and their "special" friendship. C'mon, people, Frodo's relationship with Sam has been speculated about since the books were written...and the commercial was very tongue-in-cheek and pretty tame.

I thought the commercials were a clever and way to promote the broadcast of the movies, done with good humor and obvious love of the films.
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame