John Boorman.

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Anduril

John Boorman.

Post by Anduril »

Reference: http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?t=51271

I'd watch this, for the novelty of it. :P Or better yet, a film excised of Tolkien references (if that would even work with the storyline). While most bits like Elf/Hobbit lovin' and Gondorian Battle Beekeepers are crazy, some bits like the duel of words, Aragorn using both halves of Narsil, and "Only seven colors [in the rainbow]... the world is changed" are oddly appealing.
thebachelor (on TORC) wrote: I still think Boorman's LotR might have been more fun and less aggravating to watch than Jackson's, so I guess I am a Revisionist after all. Look at it this way: as a fan of L. Frank Baum's Oz books, I've long been accustomed to regard the MGM movie as an alternate, very different version of the Wizard of Oz myth, which retains many crucial elements of Baum's story while adding its own ideas and philosophies. Boorman's LotR could have been regarded that way. Jackson's LotR too often comes across as merely a garbled, inaccurate, foreshortened and dumbed-down version of Tolkien's story.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

So is there a Boorman script available for reading?

I thought some of the visuals from EXCALIBUR were amazing.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Did you follow the link, sf? If you keep with the discussion for long enough they do reveal the script in a fair bit of detail!

Boy, did we have a lucky escape! ;)
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes