How will PJ adapt the Hobbit?

For discussion of the upcoming films based on The Hobbit and related material, as well as previous films based on Tolkien's work
Sassafras
still raining, still dreaming

Post by Sassafras »

:scarey:

Ever mindful of the maxim that brevity is the soul of wit, axordil sums up the Sil:

"Too many Fingolfins, not enough Sams."

Yes.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

That's one thing I have to say I dread: a Legolas cameo. Sooooo pandery, since he has nothing to do with the story (or even in the "bridge" period the second movie is supposed to cover—unless that's when he discovers how to put blond highlights in blond hair).
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Well having him as the drunken guard would make a perfect connection to the drinking game. Oh wait.
BrianIsSmilingAtYou

Post by BrianIsSmilingAtYou »

Teremia wrote: (A Delve of Dwarves?)
A Delf of Dwarrows

Dwarrowdelf

Darned Elf

BrianIs :) AtYou

All of my nieces and nephews at my godson/nephew Nicholas's Medical School graduation. Now a neurosurgical resident at University of Arizona, Tucson.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Primula Baggins wrote:That's one thing I have to say I dread: a Legolas cameo. Sooooo pandery, since he has nothing to do with the story (or even in the "bridge" period the second movie is supposed to cover—unless that's when he discovers how to put blond highlights in blond hair).
I've always thought they might give him Bard's part and have him kill the dragon. We know Thranduil sent some Elves to Laketown when Bilbo got there, so it's not THAT much of the stretch, and of course Dale doesn't have anything to do with LOTR movie.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Holbytla wrote:Well having him as the drunken guard would make a perfect connection to the drinking game. Oh wait.
Yeah, he could get drunk, then as the dwarves disappear down the trapdoor, he could say "Man I really need to learn to handle my drink" and then wink right at the camera. :twisted:

Actually, I've said it before, "The Hobbit" exactly as written would make a fab Pantomime.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Unless PJ introduces Elrond's Elf-trash cousins, the ones he never talks about and gets all stuffy when they're mentioned.
The ones that have carriages up on blocks below their flets?
ToshoftheWuffingas

Post by ToshoftheWuffingas »

Actually, I've said it before, "The Hobbit" exactly as written would make a fab Pantomime.

Gandalf as the dame? :D Which character would we have for principal boy? She has to have good legs, mind.
Aravar

Post by Aravar »

Alatar wrote:[Actually, I've said it before, "The Hobbit" exactly as written would make a fab Pantomime.
Oh no it wouldn't
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

:salmon:

:salmon: :salmon: :salmon: :salmon: :salmon:

Oh yes it would...
Why is the duck billed platypus?
Aravar

Post by Aravar »

Oh no it wouldn't
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Oh yes it would so shut up yerself. Yer a booby!
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Alys

Post by Alys »

Oh no it wouldn't!

And he's behind you!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist... :oops:
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

axordil wrote:
Unless PJ introduces Elrond's Elf-trash cousins, the ones he never talks about and gets all stuffy when they're mentioned.
The ones that have carriages up on blocks below their flets?
Didja know:
If your CB antenna is a danger to low-flying eagles, you might be a redneck elf;
If you have a painting of Taur-nu-Fuin on black velvet, you might be a redneck elf;
If you can't take a bubblebath because beer is iced down in your tub, you might be a redneck elf...

:spin:
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed:
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Andreth

Post by Andreth »

My mom calls Legolas a "trailer park" elf. :)
Wes ðū hāl
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

yovargas wrote:
Lalaith wrote:
Sassafras wrote: The Dead swarming over Pelannor and into Minis Tirith looked a lot like a TV commercial for the toilet cleaner .... 'scrubbing bubbles'.

:D
:D :doh: :rotfl:

Well, that's all I'll be thinking from now on!

Lali
You seriously hadn't heard that one before!? That one's been around for ages! :P
I hadn't heard it either!