It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dana Torres
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:52 pm 
Daydream Believer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25566099/

Quote:
Dara Torres is 41, a mother, and is off to an unprecedented fifth Olympics as a swimmer. It is a feat that impresses everybody — fans, the media and her fellow competitors. But it doesn’t impress the swimming pool.

“The water doesn’t know what age you are when you jump in,” the oldest woman ever to make the U.S. Olympic Swim Team told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Monday. “So why not?”

This woman inspires me. :love: I very seldom watch the olympics, but I will be cheering hard for her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:54 pm 
Feeling grateful

She is pretty incredible, Padme, I agree. She's more than twice as old as some of her competitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:01 pm 
Daydream Believer.

And she is a year older than me... :love: :love: She is an inspiration. And she has made it clear that she is drug tested because many say she is doping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 pm 
Aldrig nogen sinde Kvitte

She is amazing. Michael Phelps who is 18 years younger than her, calls her Ma or something like that. Truly remarkable.

1. " . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

2. We have many ways using technology to be in touch, yet the larger question is are we really connected or are we simply more in touch? There is a difference.