It was twenty years ago today

Greetings, and a guided tour for new members.
Whistler

It was twenty years ago today

Post by Whistler »

Well, not really. I have no idea what day it was.

But it was roughly twenty years ago, at any rate. It was at the establishment of this site, in which I played a very small role. I believe that I assembled the graphics and type for the banner at the top of the page.

Anyway, that's when I first appeared in this seemingly indestructible community. And I wrote a lot of things that a lot of people liked, and a lot of people didn't.

Two or three names here I recognize. Of course I know Voronwë the Faithful, whom all of you are lucky to have as the captain of this ship. I was never more than a deckhand, but sometimes they let me wave a flag or blow a whistle.

Now I'm a horrible, cranky old man, but I do try to bring some truth and beauty into the world: I have a large online gallery at [url]www.vanevanfuller.com[/url], where I have over two thousand paintings for sale to discriminating connoisseurs, and also to dummies with money. I do not discriminate!

Anyway, hello to some of you and hello again to others.
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: It was twenty years ago today

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Your humility does you credit, sir. The role you played, however, was not small. I thank you for all that you have done.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Re: It was twenty years ago today

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

A very warm welcome to an old friend, Aiwe. Glad to have you here!
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."