The movie I helped make is OUT!!!!

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

No insult intended, just an observation. I was watching a hockey game on TV last night, Gretzky is now a coach, and thought I saw some resemblance. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and distinctive nose.

Wayne Gretzky is considered by many to be the greatest hockey player of all time, not to mention a pretty decent fellow. Heck, he's practically Canadian royalty. Being related to him would certainly not be an insult. :)
Rodia
Disjointed Tinker

Post by Rodia »

I was teasing. ;) I've been aware of my big nose and frog eyes ever since I was thiiiiis young...

:P

And I'm not a natural blonde. Well, I was. But then I turned boring.
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

Oh, I do hope it's available from a source I can access sometime soon! I really like Peter and the Wolf, and have a narrated recording - this one would be so wonderful.

How can I keep track of the on-line sources? Do I just have to keep checking Amazon? I've never done this sort of tracking down before so I don't know if there's a way to register somewhere for notifications.

I wonder if the ABC in Oz will pick it up for screening? Hmm. 8) That would be a good way to get it into the country; and then I could buy it from the ABC shop near me! :D

Ro - sincere, heartfelt and joyful congratulations. What wonderful memories and what a wonderful achievement for you!
Mornings wouldn't suck so badly if they came later in the day.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
friend to badgers – namer of ponies

Post by Old_Tom_Bombadil »

Big nose? Frog eyes? That's nonsense! There is nothing wrong with your facial features. :hug:

I took again at the Graczyk Geneology page I linked to in the previous post and saw this:
Spelling variations of the name Graczyk include Graczykski, Graczykowski, Grajek, Gratzek, Grajczyk, Gracyk, Gracik, Gorczyk, again just to name a few
My chiropractor's surname is Graykowski. He's a very good-looking man and a superb practitioner. :)
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

I always thought Wayne Gretsky is a fine, fine looking guy. Very, very handsome. He has a very good figure, physique, whatever you want to say, not a big lumpy guy but a beautiful graceful athletic build.

Rodia does resemble Wayne, and it is entirely possible they could be related, albeit quite distantly. How cool!!!! Rodia is much prettier, but there is nothing whatsoever wrong with Wayne's looks. Not at all.

And I shall keep me eyes peeled for this movie.
Dig deeper.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Rodia is one of those people who is very pretty in her pictures, but drop-dead gorgeous in person. Only a (rapidly) moving picture could capture her flavor.

I spent some time searching on Amazon US and couldn't find the film, but hope it will show up soon!
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King