Alice In Wonderland 2010-Tim Burton-Johnny Depp

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Holbytla

Alice In Wonderland 2010-Tim Burton-Johnny Depp

Post by Holbytla »

Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Ah, you had me excited for a while there. Some of the footage in this is from "American McGee's Alice", a suberb video game in which Alice is in a Madhouse after the loss of her parents in a fire and she has to fight her way back through a warped version of wonderland in order to regain her sanity.

Unfortunately IMDB's synopsis of the Burton movie shows it to be a completely different project.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

You got me also. I went to FRONT ROW and saw there was nothing there. Then went back to Youtube and noticed it was fan made. But it is coooool.
Rodia
Disjointed Tinker

Post by Rodia »

Holbytla

Post by Holbytla »

Yeah. It won't load. :(
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Disney, in a fit of mondo dumb, made Youtube (and now IGN it seems) take down the trailer. That will be public tomorrow. Because you know, it always helps to piss people off.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

What part of "free advertising" do they not understand? :scratch:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Rodia
Disjointed Tinker

Post by Rodia »

Well, I saw it, and it was creepy and nothing like the book, and the Mad Hatter is overplayed because Johnny Depp, but whatever, it looks good. It's just not that Alice. But if I ever need that Alice, I'll go read the book again.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

All I can really say is WOW!!!!!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/guapo- ... -book-8905

I have already checked ebay and there are none being offered. Imagine what they could do with promotional materials for HOBBIT.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

We wants it, preciousss...Image

All that thought and attention to detail put into designing something sent out to people who won't necessarily appreciate it....

Will have to keep an eye on Ebay from now on...Image
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Here are some more pictures (& video) of this glorious book for those of us not fortunate enough to receive this in the mail:

http://www.five33.com/blog/?cat=11

Just awesome :love:

The touring exhibition looks cool too!
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Well Elen, if it comes down to that I am prepared to go toe to toe and outbid you for this book(s). I will be even happy to give you some friendly advice on insider bidding tips. For example, most people do not know that when the bidding time ends, you still have five minutes to get in a bid which tops the "winner". So its best to wait for the official time to end and then log on to bid.

If you need any more ebay tips, I will be more than happy to oblige. 8)
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Yeah, right...Like I was born yesterday ;)
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

Tim Burton's new film version of Alice in Wonderland will not be screened at Odeon cinemas in the UK, Irish Republic and Italy, the cinema chain says.

The move is in response to the Disney studio's plan to reduce the period in which it can be shown only in cinemas from the standard 17 weeks.

The plan would allow Disney to release the film on DVD at the end of May.

Odeon said it would "set a new benchmark, leading to a 12-week window becoming rapidly standard".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8528820.stm
~Diana Cortes
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

So....this premieres today....is anyone rushing out to see it? Image

Sadly, I will have to wait until next weekend to get to a 3D viewing.... :(
~Diana Cortes
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

I never rush into these things. :P
Awesome smiley. :D
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Our Oz is 13 today and he wants to see this movie, so we'll give it a try.
Dig deeper.
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

The movie did nothing for me, although Oz liked it.
Dig deeper.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

The review from someone on TORC wasn't exactly encouraging:

Spoiler!
[quote:] I just saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D and..... ARRRGGGGGHHHH.

I am now solidly against the Hobbit being in 3D. Alice was totally mutilated! It was almost as if the plot didn't matter. In the attempt to make Alice a stronger female character, they have her slaying the Jabberwocky. To put a love interest, they have her and Mad HAtter being attracted to each other. To put some social relevance, the Red Queen is now a despot and the Knave is her henchman. All the charm and silliness is gone!

Don't they dare do this to the Hobbit!
~Diana Cortes
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

But what does that have to do with 3D? If they're going to mutilate the story, they will in 2D just as unconscionably.