The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Post by axordil »

It's worth seeing, if you can find it. I found it rather sad that some critics couldn't get past the Heath Ledger angle: if you didn't know the back story, it wouldn't matter to your appreciation of the film.

I especially recommend it for anyone who works in a creative field or has children, but it's not FOR children. If you fall into both of these categories, as I do, it may leave you strangely disquieted for some time, but not in a bad way.

It's a bit like Wagner's later work: about redemption through love, and through art, and whether or not that stuff actually works, or we're just fooling ourselves.

Unless it's about something else entirely, which is possible. I mean, it is Terry Gilliam.

Don't wait for the DVD if you can see it in a theater.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

I really want to see this, meant to before Christmas...hope it's not too late... I'll definitely get the DVD.

Stars Christopher Plummer among others, I believe, including Tom Waits who was the centre of some HOBBIT rumours recently...
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes