Townsend fired again from fantasy epic!!!!

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
sauronsfinger

Townsend fired again from fantasy epic!!!!

Post by sauronsfinger »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43582

Stuart Townsend - the actor who was first cast as Aragorn in the LOTR films only to be fired quickly and replaced with Viggo Mortensen, has reportedly been fired from another major role in another heroic fantasy film - THOR.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Now if he is quickly replaced by Viggo Mortensen, I might actually watch that movie. :P Nothing against Townsend, whom I don't know from orc #2567.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

Viggo certainly fits Thor better, however he'd have to buff up a bit bigger. Stuart can't get no love.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

He wasn't cast as Thor—another character (I don't know what sort of character; I never read Thor).
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

I do hope you guyz are all pronouncing that Thor name properly. :rage:

Oho, I just KNEW it. :rage:
Dig deeper.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Not everyone has had the privilege you and I have had, of knowing people with names like Torvald Torgrimsson. :D
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Primula Baggins wrote:Not everyone has had the privilege you and I have had, of knowing people with names like Torvald Torgrimsson. :D
How therribly thrue. :D
Dig deeper.
Hachimitsu
Formerly Wilma

Post by Hachimitsu »

Poor guy. *shakes head*
eborr

Post by eborr »

it's the curse of the league of extraordinary gentlemen