A Princess of Mars

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

River wrote:
Elentári wrote:Well marketing is ahead of the game...there are action figures already available... ;)

http://www.thetoyfederation.com/product ... t=0&page=1
She looks so grim, but, then again, I'd be in a bad mood too if I had to wear a bra like that. Seriously. Think about it. Never mind the support or lack thereof, just standing still in that has to hurt.
Never mind indeed...I just noticed the description says it's all removable :shock:
- Fully pose-able and removable armors, including head guard, body armor, shoulder armors, wrist armors, leg guards and sandals
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes
River
bioalchemist

Post by River »

Well, if you can make Barbie nekkid I suppose you can also make the Princess of Mars nekkid...
When you can do nothing what can you do?
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

She'd probably thank you.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Ah, I think we have just uncovered a great dark secret. I have often wondered why the fashion industry insists on producing such horribly uncomfortable clothes for women. I see now - it is so that the women are so happy to get out of them, they don't care where or with whom.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

:shock:

Now the House of Versace is going to have to kill you. . . .
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
samaranth

Post by samaranth »

It doesn't explain the style of shoes that are currently fashionable. You know, the 20cm stilettos that you can't actually walk in, just stand in one spot and wobble (or wibble?) Perhaps they're intended to slot into the harnesses for those zero gravity moments.

Or something.

:help:
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

samaranth wrote:It doesn't explain the style of shoes that are currently fashionable. You know, the 20cm stilettos that you can't actually walk in, just stand in one spot and wobble (or wibble?) Perhaps they're intended to slot into the harnesses for those zero gravity moments.

Or something.

:help:
My daughter has a pair of those types of shoes in red. They are horrid to try to walk in..horrid.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

I used to love wearing shoes like that. . . . :(
Dig deeper.
MithLuin
Fëanoriondil

Post by MithLuin »

I agree that it looks painful, 1/3 g or not, standing still or not. I mean, just to move your body at all, a slight twist to look over your shoulder for instance, would be a form of torture. It's like having a bra where the underwire pokes through and digs into your skin...but a lot worse.

But the purpose of these action figures is not to give little girls unrealistic expectations as to their future bodily proportions. I'm pretty sure the target audience is people who don't have to concern themselves with how painful a metal bra would be.....

Not a huge fan of fanservice, incidentally, whichever gender it is aimed at.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

Heh, this reminds me of an ad campaign running here lately. We have a local Orange drink like Fanta, made in Cork, called Club Orange. Unlike Fanta, it has little bits of orange in it. The ad campaign is designed round this seemingly small difference! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTB1e5D1AFM
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Elentári

Post by Elentári »

:rotfl:

Mind you...I don't think the Princess of Mars doll will look much like a Barbie under that armor...no molded panties for a start! :D
There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes