Susan Boyle: her dream comes true

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Mrs. Doubtfire was fun, and Williams' performance was excellent. But casting a man to play a real person who is a woman? Especially if she's middle-aged, rather plain, and serious about her work? That's a slap in the face.

Sez the middle-aged, rather plain woman who is serious about her work.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Prim, I agree. Particularly a real person who has shown herself to be rather fragile (I don't mean that as a criticism; I'm sure I would be just as fragile thrust into the same kind of situation that she was in.)

On a brighter note, they mentioned in her appearance on that America's Got Talent show in which sang Wild Horses that her album is coming out in November (appropriately entitled "I Dreamed a Dream"). That is worth looking forward to.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
vison
Best friends forever

Post by vison »

Not a Robin Williams fan. Think it would be a dreadful thing if he was seriously considering playing Ms. Boyle.

Ick.

Double ick.
Dig deeper.