The Podcast Review

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

The Podcast Review

Post by narya »

Remember how much you enjoyed writing book reports in school? Now it's time to try your hand at podcast reports. What? You don't listen to podcasts? I listen to them several hours a day. I have a little shuffle that holds a few days worth, and listen as I peddle to work, drive to Mom's, walk the dog, or putter in the garden. Sometimes I listen to them while I'm reading here, which makes reading a little slower, especially if the TV is going as well. :P

I'll share some of my favorites with you, and hope you'll do the same for me. Don't worry, I won't wrap your knuckles if the report isn't 500 words long. :D

Links are to the podcast's website. You can find them in iTunes by searching for the name.

http://escapepod.org/
Escape Pod is a great selection of sci fi short stories by famous and not so famous authors, everything from flash fiction (300 words) on up to hour long pieces. "The Story of the Late Mr. Elvesham" by H.G. Wells, an offering in November 2008, was very good.

http://podcastle.org/
PodCastle, Escape Pod's sister site, has fantasy short stories. You'd especially like (or dislike) "Intelligent Design" (December 2008), and "Senator Bilbo" (November 2008)
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
Teremia
Reads while walking

Post by Teremia »

I must be one of the very few pre-ipod types around, but these podcasts do sound like fun.

(I do prefer holding a book while walking to having something coming in through my ears while walking -- but that's my particular strangeness.)

Have you created podcasts, narya?
narya
chocolate bearer
Location: Wishing I could be beachcombing, or hiking, or dragon boating

Post by narya »

No, but my brother has - he's a radio producer.

Reading while walking or riding the bus is doable, but not reading while biking or driving or pulling weeds. :P
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus