TRUE BLOOD

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
sauronsfinger

TRUE BLOOD

Post by sauronsfinger »

Anybody watch TRUE BLOOD on HBO? I have really gotten to like it a great deal.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I watched half of an episode.... didn't really get into it. Not my cup of um... drink?

Though I did like the concept... Vampires out and about, now that synthetic blood is available. Reminded me of the League of Temperance, though not quite.
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

I like this show also. Tonight is the season finale, so I will be back to watching the non-regular TV shows.

I am wondering who Sookie will choose the vampire or the wolfman. Plus I am wondering who the lady is that picked up Tara.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Who ever that lady is, I would not have left the police station with her, or gotten in that fast car, or entered into her mansion ... or do any of the things that I fear are next on the list. I fear Tara may be in danger of being gone with the wind.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

Minor Spoiler

The lady that took Tara in is either 1. a Shape Shifter or 2. a Vampire who has learned to be out in the sun. I think she is the 'head' Vampire who maybe a good deal older than the rest of the other vampires. I have not made the connection to her and Sam/Dog. I also think she was the original owner of the plantation she has as her house, so I think her attitude towards Tara maybe totally different, and not for the good.

I was glad that Bill made it out ok. Now what to do with the girl he turned, who seems to love the freedom of being a vampire gives her. Plus I think she killed/drained the cook guy, Tara's cousin, and Bill fed somewhere else.

As for Jason and Rene, I knew it was either Rene or the other Viet Nam Vet guy. I am not sure where the Jason story is going, other than if Bill and Sookie stay together is he going to be accepting of his sister's significant other, since he is going to a church that hates vampires.

I keep thinking about reading the books but I think I will wait to see how this series plays out.

Now off to wait for summer.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.