Slice of Pie

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Slice of Pie

Post by Padme »

Shut your pie hole, Pushing Daisies is back on tonight.

Oh alright speak a lot about this great show.

I must say I have secret celebrity crush on Kristen Chenoweth because of this show. I love Olive.

If I remember correcty the Grand Hippo also likes this show.

So come on in and discuss the show here.

And we serve pie.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

Loving living in the Pacific Northwest.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Did anyone else experience a screen blackout of about 10 to 15 minutes of the show last night? It happened near the front of the hour. You could still hear the voice but not see the picture --- and every other channel was all right.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

I didn't.

Spoiler

I find it funny that Olive is a nun. I am glad they are making the aunts parts bigger.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

How long will Olive be confined there? And that means the cleavage meter can be put away for a while. I would bet she is back in short order.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

I believe Olive will back in short order.

sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

Its gone the way of all great shows.

Darn. :rage:
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

It happens. :(

It really is too bad more people didn't watch it so it would keep going. People seemed to be more interested in viewing reality TV.

axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

I think it was killed by the strike. Its numbers were decent before the looong hiatus. It was building a solid word of mouth following--and you can't just flip a switch to get that going again.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

The decision NOT to bring it back afterthe strike for a Spring run hurt the show. Most of the shows which were brought back for the spring run did okay in continuing to build viewers.
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Precisely.
sauronsfinger

Post by sauronsfinger »

The show last night was the best one yet. The last few minutes with Olive singing was tremendous and some of the best TV I have seen in a long time. Boy am I going to miss this show.
Padme
Daydream Believer.

Post by Padme »

Me too.

I love it when they let her sing. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytyBkM6WBPA

the whole thing.