INDIANA JONES #4

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
sauronsfinger

INDIANA JONES #4

Post by sauronsfinger »

error
Last edited by sauronsfinger on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

SF, we already have an Indy thread; I'm going to merge this one with it, which will bump it up.

Edit: Er, well, no I'm not. In my vast hubris I forgot that I can't split off an originating post. Maybe Voronwë knows how; or maybe you wouldn't mind pasting your post into the Indy thread, which is here:

viewtopic.php?t=1599
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King