100 movies, 100 quote, 100 numbers

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

I left Yellow Sub as the choice for 64, but I'm still not sure about Great Escape. Maybe someone with better eyes that me can look closely at that clip.

Yesterday I took about 15 minutes and went through the photos from Great Escape on IMDB. It starred Steve McQueen and James Garner and Charles Bronson. I didn't think that really looked like James Garner talking in the clip and I couldn't spot Bronson, but my eyes aren't good enough to say for sure. I also held up a composite shot of the main characters in costume, and just didn't see anyone in the clip lineup that looked familiar. The thing that looks the same is the guard tower, but those look the same in every movie about WWII. In the photos there is a row of clapboard housing behind the guard tower. Can anyone see what is behind the row of men in the clip?

I'd love to fill in all the clips but not unless we're sure.

Does anyone have any idea what 99 is? I don't even recognize the actors. The woman I thought at first to be Lauren Bacall at a very young age but there's something about the cheeks that isn't quite right.
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
BrianIsSmilingAtYou

Post by BrianIsSmilingAtYou »

Jnyusa wrote: Does anyone have any idea what 99 is? I don't even recognize the actors.
I think the actor is Robert Montgomery, probably in the 30's or 40's, 30's more likely.

On the actress, I have gone through a number of ideas.

BrianIs :) AtYou

All of my nieces and nephews at my godson/nephew Nicholas's Medical School graduation. Now a neurosurgical resident at University of Arizona, Tucson.