Atrocities

Discussion of performing arts, including theatre, film, television, and music.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

I have absolutely no recollection of 1978.
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
solicitr

Post by solicitr »

Oh, jeez, Jny: you went to a Led Zep backstage party, didn't you 8)
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

Quite possibly ....

Possibly that is what caused me to forget everything that went before and came after. :halo:
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

1978 was a great year for me, my Junior year in highschool. I had my first job, working at the cinima (where I first saw SW in bits and pieces). I took Driver's Ed a year later than most of the rest of the school, and there was only one other person in the class, which meant a LOT of driving time...:woohoo:...it was also the year I started band (yes, I was 4 years behind everyone else, but I was good. In my Senior year, I was 1st clarinet, 2nd chair :D).

And to keep with the thread:

Prim, that was the most artocious video I have ever seen! :shock: I don't think I've ever seen anything worse... :rofl:
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

solicitr wrote:The English Patient. My wife oddly had exactly the same reaction as Elaine would on Seinfeld.
I missed this, solicitr. How I disliked that film! The central tragedy results from selfish people acting stupidly and dishonorably. And I am supposed to cry? I suppose human suffering should always evoke compassion, but when the suffering stems straight from idiocy? Bleh. There is nothing inherently noble about overwhelming sexual compulsion. I mean, it has its place, but . . . proportion in everything. :P

1978 . . . nothing happened to me in 1978. I was in college. Oh, I got an A in physical chemistry. And broke up with Mr. Prim for two excruciating weeks before we decided it just wasn't working out (what with living on the same dorm floor and all) and got back together. The next twenty-nine years have gone much more smoothly.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Primula Baggins wrote:1978 . . . nothing happened to me in 1978. I was in college. Oh, I got an A in physical chemistry. And broke up with Mr. Prim for two excruciating weeks before we decided it just wasn't working out (what with living on the same dorm floor and all) and got back together.
:shock:

What if????
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Doesn't bear thinking about, Mahima. :D

:love:
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

And broke up with Mr. Prim for two excruciating weeks before we decided it just wasn't working out
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :love:
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

It was a peculiar kind of absence, given that we were living fifty feet apart, ate all our meals at the same table, attended the same parties, and had the same group of close friends. Who were lovely and patient and put up with us staring at each other aghast from opposite ends of the dinner table, or dancing at each other at parties. But when we stopped the experiment I think they were almost more relieved than we were.
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

So, Prim, did you have one of those bumper stickers that says "Honk if you passed p-chem?" :D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

The professor had one on his office door. How I wanted one! :D

Of course, I had no car to put it on.