Browsing the library shelves

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Am waiting for Part 3 of Eragorn and Eldest too. :P
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Glawariel

Post by Glawariel »

Alatar wrote:Heh, I bought the Song of Ice and Fire for Mrs Alatar a couple of Christmases ago. She was disgusted when she found out it wasn't a trilogy! I'm witing till they're all out before I start.
Smart idea. My brother, who was the one who recommended the series to me in the first place, suggested that I wait to read A Feast for Crows (book 4) until the next book comes out and to meanwhile bide my time by starting The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. That should keep my plenty busy until Harry Potter comes out, which will be the priority above all others :D. He also recommended trying the Shannara series again (I hated the Sword of Shannara- too much of a LotR knockoff for my taste) or The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. At the end of the day, I'm not sure I'll be able to wait to read book 4 (of Martin's series), especially when it so patiently calls my name from my bookshelf (did I just say that out loud? :shock: ).
TIGG wrote: oh dear, just like me wating for waht ever comes after Eragon and Eldest.
Mahima wrote:Am waiting for Part 3 of Eragorn and Eldest too.
Hmm, I'm not sure what do about this series. I heard that Eragon was great but that Eldest was just awful. What to do, what to do....
Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow til the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
All shall fade, all shall fade
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

I found Eldest a far better written book than Eragon actually. Paolini has matured as a writer.
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
TIGG
ta'veren'

Post by TIGG »

I actually suspect that with the Swan's War trilogy, I purchased and then shelved books 1 and 2 while I waited for book 3 to come out then I forgot... :oops:

of course now I have found them, begun reading them and need to find and purchase #3.

Often I buy book one of a trilogy and enjoy it but then get sidetracked with something else and forget to look for book 2 and 3.
da TIGG is back and bouncin'
Face Book ID Kathy Roper ( New Zealand)