For young readers

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Impenitent
Throw me a rope.

Post by Impenitent »

:D thank you! My Amazon cart now holds, The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody; Stunning Science of Everything; The Angry Aztecs and the Incredible Incas; Raging Rivers and Odious Oceans; The Horrible History of the World; and The Frightful First World War and the Woeful Second World War. I will order them next week, I'll be feeling a little more flush after pay day.

My son recently got as a gift a book on Warriors. It's one of those immensely colourful hardbacks with 3D fold-outs and pockets containing secret code etc - he's discovered the zulu warriors and the difference between the samurai and the ninja and why Attila the Hun was so feared and why legionaires are not the same as gladiators...

I'm really enjoying this education by stealth technique! :D
Athrabeth

Post by Athrabeth »

Imp, thanks for the tip! Those sound like they would be great additions to my class library. I'm making a trip into the city tomorrow, and it will give me an excuse to visit my favourite book store (as if I need an excuse 8) ).

Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon.
Jalal ad-Din Rumi
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

Ah yes. Horrible Histories. Marvellous things. Don't forget Horrible Sciences!
Why is the duck billed platypus?