Go the F*** to Sleep

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Go the F*** to Sleep

Post by axordil »

A NSFW reading by Samuel L. Jackson. EDIT: link is now broken, but it may still be findable through Google. I have removed the unhappy link.

I'm not sure which is more painfully funny, his reading or the nondescript intro/outro reading the title.

If you're not familiar with it, I offer this from the Amazon listing:
You probably should not read it to your children.
Oh, and this from the same place:
#1 in Books
Last edited by axordil on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alatar
of Vinyamar

Post by Alatar »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Vinyamars on Stage! This time at Bag End
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

I didn't listen to the whole thing, but I will admit that I listened to part of it and both laughed and totally related to the overall sentiment of the book.

(In the same vein, I used to make up some interesting lyrics to "Hush, Little Baby." Sleep deprivation and being awake in the wee sma's with a baby who will NOT go the f* to sleep lends itself well to making up rather violent rhymes.)

:whistle:
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Finally home and finally saw this. It's brilliant. And true. And an example of when obscenity is perfectly suited to the occasion. And yet it's not unloving at all. I think that comes through in the video.

(The link no longer works, but when I searched YouTube on obvious search terms, I found many other copies.)
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

I'm waiting for the sequels. Titles like "Do Your G****** Homework" and "Go Play the F*** Outside" spring to mind.