God's Debris

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

Hi Everyone,

Just kind of "registering" for this discussion. I have the book but have not read it completely - did not find it as gripping as I'd expected. This would be the right nudge for me to finish it.

Till now I love the Probability idea - it impacts everything, everywhere.

Will go through the messages here, and try and put something *constructive*.

-Mahima
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Inanna
Meetu's little sister

Post by Inanna »

I have made progress with God's Debris.

Did anyone else find the switch from discussing the universe to how one should behave with people, and relationships between men and women really weird? And abrupt?

Or is it not? Is it that we always will come down to these topics whatever we may be discussing? Does it matter how the world got created if we can't find someone to be with? Does it??
'You just said "your getting shorter": you've obviously been drinking too much ent-draught and not enough Prim's.' - Jude
Amrunelen

Post by Amrunelen »

Hmmm...a bit of a bump here.

Just thought I'd say, I absolutely loved this book. I read it a year or so ago, I guess, so I could use a bit of a memory refresher before discussing, if any discussion returns.

Also, has anyone read Adams' sequel The Religion War? I found that one quite good as well, though it has more of an actual story feel to it rather than a pile of thoughts and ideas left to swirl around in your mind.

This is one of those books I reccomend to just about everyone. :P Left it sitting on the coffee table at home, which got my mom and dad to read it, and I just had another successful pass on to someone else.