Feed my Kindle

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Crucifer
Not Studying At All

Post by Crucifer »

Is that it, River? I knew there was something like that. I was 10, after all. I can be forgiven for not remembering it exactly. :)

I also need to re-read Tehanu.
Why is the duck billed platypus?
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

Like any good book, it's one where you see new things every time you read it with older eyes.
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Just picked up "The Dispossessed" for $3.95. :)

Stop with the Tehanu spoilers! Yes, they are hidden, but my self-control is questionable. I haven't read it yet and probably ought to reread the first three first.
Frelga
Meanwhile...

Post by Frelga »

Kitty, this blog might be interesting to you: EduKindle. It's got tips about Kindle use and content.
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
WampusCat
Creature of the night

Post by WampusCat »

Excellent! Thanks, Frelga!