Mark Lawrence Art

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

So was I.

"Lacks impact." :nono:

I'm sure that its impact on me is stronger because of my Christianity. But I don't see how anyone could look at that painting, even as an abstract composition devoid of other meaning, and say that it "lacks impact."
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Ahhh, this brings back memories!

I haven't been censored since the NEA halted publication of a children's book I wrote because it contained "excessive subtlety and sophistication."

Several years ago, I came to the conclusion that satire is obsolete and needs to be abandoned. Nothing we imagine can compare to the weirdness of plain, unadorned reality.
Lalaith
Lali Beag Bídeach

Post by Lalaith »

:( I'm so sorry. That is just completely wrong.

Can you try another source?

Lali
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

No, not worth the trouble. This is the biggest, best, and only one worth fooling with.

We'll see what happens when I send the request for review.