Thanks!!!

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Breogán

Thanks!!!

Post by Breogán »

I have just noticed my "artwork" is featured on the main page :)
Thank you all for such a nice surprise, for your encouraging words, and esp. for all your support :D
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Am min idhrinn, min arad en-Naur, bain onen aen: noss, nîth ah estel: adaneth im.
"For one year, one day, of the Flame I would have given all: kin, youth, and hope itself: adaneth I am."
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

Post by Primula Baggins »

:hug:

We are just delighted to have you posting here, and that you're willing to share your beautiful art with us. :)
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
truehobbit
Cute, cuddly and dangerous to know

Post by truehobbit »

What Prim said. :D

Although I have to tell you, you are in some danger of having a Shirriff edit your post, young lady! *stern look over rim of glasses*

What do you mean by writing "artwork"? I hope the inverted commas aren't supposed to imply it's not really art, hmmh?

Sheesh!

:hug:
but being a cheerful hobbit he had not needed hope, as long as despair could be postponed.
Breogán

Post by Breogán »

:D
Ok, I won't argue with a Shirriff... ;)
Am min idhrinn, min arad en-Naur, bain onen aen: noss, nîth ah estel: adaneth im.
"For one year, one day, of the Flame I would have given all: kin, youth, and hope itself: adaneth I am."
Voronwë the Faithful
At the intersection of here and now

Post by Voronwë the Faithful »

Breogán, I could have sworn that I told you that we wanted to feature your lovely artwork on our front page; it just took a little longer than I thought it would. But perhaps I am only remembering thinking about asking you about. In any event, I gather from your post that it is not a problem, and "nice surprises" are always a pleasant thing.
"Spirits in the shape of hawks and eagles flew ever to and from his halls; and their eyes could see to the depths of the seas, and pierce the hidden caverns beneath the world."
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Breogán wrote: Ok, I won't argue with a Shirriff...
Oh yes you will. Otherwise the rest of us will feel weird about doing it. :D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

<ponders piscine retribution>
“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”
axordil
Pleasantly Twisted

Post by axordil »

Put that salmon down, you don't know where it's been!

But I do. :D
Primula Baggins
Living in hope

You seriously understimate my deductive abilities, sirrah.

<drops salmon>

<burns it to cinder with flamethrower>

<showers in bleach>
Breogán

Post by Breogán »

Voronwë, yes, you told me - I just forgot about it :)

Axordil... I'll try my best then ;)