Clive Cussler?

Discussion of fine arts and literature.
Thewhitetree

Clive Cussler?

Post by Thewhitetree »

Anyone here a Clive Cussler fan?

Personally I've been addicted to his books for years, especially the Dirk Pitt series.
Jnyusa

Post by Jnyusa »

I've never read him, TWT, though I've heard of the name.

What is the series about? - detective?

Jn
A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
Griffon64

Post by Griffon64 »

Dirk Pitt is the only of his series I could stand reading :D

*looks up at sole Clive Cussler novel perched on the high shelf of her bookshelf*

That book was bought on holiday, and we all know what kind of books you end op buying when the weather is bad ... books where the blurb sounded so ... good ... :oops:

;)

Well, his books aren't too bad to read, if it is your kind of thing. Action/adventure/quest/detective kind of thing. Acceptable writing quality, but more man-books, I think, than woman-books :D
Estel
In Need of Colour!!

Post by Estel »

I like him, but then I was planning on being an underwater archaeologist for years, so I may be biased :P

It's like James Bond, but with Indiana Jones type archaeology :shock: :blackeye:
Maria
Hobbit

Post by Maria »

They get awfully the same after a while. I can't read more than about one a year or so.
Trazúviel
Elvish Hobbit

Post by Trazúviel »

My hubby read them before we were married. Then one day he handed me Deep Six to read the intro. I couldn't put it down! I love all of the Dirk Pitt novels.

I'm having a hard time with the newer ones written by Clive and Dirk. I didn't get into the ones with Kirk (I think it was), and the one I'm reading now (Black Wind) has some lame spots. Young Dirk's sidekick reminds me of a country hick version of Al. :suspicious:
Texas, Land of the Free, Home of the Tumbleweeds....:tumbleweed: